tl;dr: We outline why it’s hard for startups to work with the enterprise, how KITE solves that problem and why you want to optimize your KITE profile. Plus we give you tips for getting greater visibility and ultimately deal flow from KITE — that’s our mission.
Your beautiful, unique, innovative technology solves important business problems. Customers should be knocking down your door, right?
If only it were that easy.
The emerging technology space is noisy and crowded. It’s often difficult for corporations to find the partners they need when they need them. Sometimes, they don’t even know what they need.
Likewise, it’s tedious and time-consuming for you to identify the right decision-makers at target companies, let alone get on their calendars and survive the long sales cycle. You simply don’t have time — your most precious resource — for distractions.
At KITE, we’re driven to create business outcomes for startups. By bringing the right startups and brands together, we’ve helped to facilitate millions in revenue for startups in 2014 alone from companies like PepsiCo, Unilever and Mondelez (and we’re just getting started).
To accomplish this, we built a marketplace that’s free for tech companies to join (and always will be). Brands, agencies and other enterprises, like PepsiCo, Ogilvy, Heineken and more, use KITE to find partners with more precision, speed and scale.
Think of KITE as essential to your marketing and business development efforts and an essential go-to-market resource along with AngelList, CrunchBase, your website and other channels.
Every time we help a corporation find an innovation partner that addresses a priority, you can practically hear the revenue unlock, not to mention the founders’ high fives and hollers. We celebrate every startup win — and then quickly get back to making the next partnership happen.
Why You Should Claim Your KITE Profile
You claim your CrunchBase profile to participate in “the business graph,” while your AngelList profile speeds up your funding and hiring efforts. You claim your KITE profile to connect with your next strategic partners and revenues.
If you have an AngelList and/or CrunchBase profile, you already have a profile on KITE, thanks to APIs and commercial licenses.
Claiming your KITE profile can also help you
– Find your next media buy, advisor or board member
– Increase your visibility in the KITE marketplace
– Lower barriers to trying out your solution
Let’s get started!
How to Create a Killer KITE Profile
It takes just 5 to 10 minutes to update and optimize your KITE profile to improve your chances of being discovered and selected by your next customers.
Head to https://getkite.co/startups and enter your startup’s name, then click “register profile.”
We start by asking you for basic info about your business, which is the easy part. Here are 3 parts of the profile where you should pay extra-special attention:
1) Your Brief Description. When we ask you to describe your company in less than 10 words, we’re serious.
Why? This is the first info busy executives on KITE scan about your startup. You need to
– Grab their attention
– Nail your value proposition
– Convince them to continue engaging for details
Pro Tip: don’t start with your company’s name.
Here are some great examples:
– Tomorrowish: DVR for Social Media
– Google.org: Technology for Social Impact
– Uber: Everyone’s Private Driver
2) Your Longer Description. You might be tempted to simply copy/paste from your existing boiler plate.
While that’s a good starting point, you should
– Explain the value your technology provides brand and marketing executives specifically
– Include your value prop in the first 150 characters so they don’t have to hit “read more”
3) Your Business Interests. This section of the KITE profile process is where deals start happening. Here’s your chance to let brands and agencies know exactly what your business interests are (and even which brands you’d like as partners).
Here’s why you should include a pilot if it fits your business model:
– Decreases friction by getting adoption from corporates looking into your space at that moment
– Gets you fast-tracked through the enterprise’s legal and financial systems
– Increases your chance of being highlighted in KITE’s customer communications and selected for our customers’ private briefings and demo day-type events
One more thing: The larger the pilot program, the more frequently you’ll be accessed.
Housekeeping: Once you submit your profile, you will not be able to edit it…yet. We’re a startup ourselves and still developing startup tools (your input would greatly help us). For questions, feedback or updates to your profile, contact Manas Mudbari (manas at getKITE dot co), our startup analyst — he’s here to help.
[ Get more tips on optimizing your KITE presence, plus marketing advice and opportunities with brands, by signing up for our monthly startup newsletter here. ]
We welcome you into the KITE marketplace, and we’re looking forward to helping you grow your business more quickly and efficiently than ever before.
We Rise Together